Friday, October 21, 2011

Many, Many Things

So I recently finished a piece of assessment for something-a-rather (I’m not giving details ‘cause it might give you enough grounds to be able to figure out who I am, and I’m not about to let anyone stalk me) and it was very different to the way I had planned it. It was meant to be three little things, but it was two bit bigger than little things and very different in style and sound. To say the least, I’m slightly disappointed in it and wish I didn’t have to submit it, but I do otherwise I’ll simply fail the assessment (I guess that could still be an option…)
But it made me think (it’s something I do every now and then) about how all of life seems a bit like that. I’ve got plans and stuff, but then either something I do or something someone else does can completely change the structure of that plan and then I’m left with something a little bit unexpected. Sometimes I’m not happy with it at first, but I adjusted and think, “This is better than I had planned!” OR I’m not happy with it, try really hard to adjust, but because of other circumstances I think, “Yeah, this is as bad as I first thought it was.”  
And that’s what life is. If we went through life with everything going as planned, then we’re pretty much fortune tellers (and how boring is that!), but the way life really does happen, we keep the fortune tellers in the dodgy carnivals scabbing our cash by mysteriously saying, “I see a loooong journey ahead of you with high adventure and luuverly romance and for $10 more I’ll throw in a trusty sidekick.” We need to plough through the hard times and (to use the colloquialism [E.M.]) see the light at the end of the tunnel even when there’s a bend in it. I guess I’m trying to say that we need to keep the hope alive (there’s a right bit more than hope! [Mr.B.]) even when the person living across the hall to you is playing really lame DJ music over and over…

No comments: